Registrations are open for the ONGC Sports Scholarship Scheme 2022-23 for young and talented sportspersons. Applications are invited online.
About the ONGC Sports Scholarship Scheme
The objective of the Sports Scholarship scheme of ONGC is to provide financial assistance to the upcoming young talented sportspersons who have the potential to excel in their respective sports. This will help them pursue their dream, bring acclaim & laurels to the country and inspire younger generation for engaging in sports activities.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Sportsperson should be an Indian citizen and should not be availing any scholarship/stipend from any other organization during the scholarship period.
- The scholarship shall be granted to sportspersons of 14 to 25 years of age.
- The minimum age of 14 years will be considered as on 1st April 2022. However, the minimum age criteria for scholarship in Chess, Gymnastics & Swimming will be 10 years.
- The maximum age for which a scholarship can be granted is 25 years. Therefore, the applicant’s upto
the age of 24 years as on 1st April 2022 can apply for the sports scholarship.
- Scholarships shall be granted for the remaining period of FY 2022-23.
- Being merit-based sports scholarships, each sportsperson will have to apply afresh every year.
Document for Proof of Age
- Birth certificate (Mandatory).
- Passport or Aadhar Card or 10th Class certificate (Any one).
The amount of Scholarship to be granted to the selected sportspersons will be as under:
Benefits & Facilities to the Sportspersons
- Sportspersons on scholarship may be given chance to represent ONGC Team in PSPB / AIPSSPB and other competitions within the country. Such players shall be paid TA / DA and necessary expenditures for participation in the tournaments.
- Sportspersons on scholarship shall also be provided playing kits with ONGC logo which they shall wear during their participation in the competitions.
- A scholarship holder may avail of individual health insurance cover for Rs. 5,00,000/- (Five lakhs only) for self only. The individuals shall acquire requisite health insurance cover on their own and premiums up to Rs. 7,000/- shall be reimbursed by ONGC.
How to Apply?
Interested and eligible sportspersons can register for the scholarship through this link.